Sunday, April 5, 2009

News (about me lar...)

i'm seriously dead tired now...

let me give all of you an update to what i've been up to.

i'm now officially working full time in my dad's company. pay cheque's coming end of the month, if my dad's financial situation allow. my studies are put on hold due to financial and staffing problems. Since my dad's health is rapidly failing (as in he can't work as hard as last time, and always sick), i'll be taking over the reins of the company, Major Seven Music, very soon - probably end of next year or so, depending on the situation. As it is, i'm already starting to take charge of some of the workload my dad used to handle. it's not a easy task, as my experience is limited and it's quite a big responsibility (thankfully my brother, micheal lewis, is joining me in July) to be a breadwinner for the extended family of 5 which has a lorry, a van, 2 cars and 3 (one for the store of equipment and one for grandmom) houses plus a study loan to maintain rental/installment. i'm trying my best to get a driving license in by the end of May/June to make it a little easier. And also so that i can be more free to serve in the youth and also visitation of friends (school and you guys lar)

Business is unstable but thankfully income is coming in to pay up the bills and the debt caused by the 11k+ investment we made recently. One of my top goals is to reduce the overheads of the company from the staggering 7k+ a month (it's normal for a sound company this size) to a more managable 4-5k or so. An impossible task, but by God's grace, i can suceed. Studies wise, i'm honestly not sure what course i take come this december, but sound engineering and some bible course is one option. However, if funds do not allow, then i'll not further my studies - not good.

Grace Sentul's MYF is getting on to be pretty vibrant. The young dudes there (most of the older guys have gone overseas to study, or just have moved on from the church) are astounding me with their unity and desire to see the group grow. I really get fired up everytime i see them - so much so i start shaking inside. The only thing is their pretty inexperienced - so it's up to me, sheng yong (who, honestly, looks like he's buried in college duties to me) and my MYF president (some of you know him), Andrew Wong. We are now very small (take Faith, Cheras to be identical in size for those who went there), but revival can break out, with God's will. I can only pray hard, and serve whatever i can as a Missions Coordinator (Sheng Yong's Fellowship Coordinator).

Personally, i see God at work in my life. Like just just now in the service, i see that God has been talking to me since i entered Grace Sentul about 5 years back. He's also challenging me to things i have never dreamt of doing even 2 months back - like being a intercessor in the youth. Also, i'm finding it hard to keep a regular disipline due of the busyness i'm being buried in. Also, i'm really finding the temptation to return to what i was before JS like a ton of bricks. Past addictions (yes, i'm naming it past) is haunting me. I'm trying to meet up with Austin to continue my counselling sessions so that i can really BREAK FREE from what has happened last August (some of you already know what happened, others in JS, i don't mind telling). It's not that i can't break free or anything, but i need additional help to be free, earlier. In fact, i can tell you that God used August 2008 to get my attention, and, that was just one of the reasons why He did that.

So, for those who have been having difficulty in their walk on the real world, you are not alone and do not despair. If He managed to touch you in anyway in JS, it's clear that He has a plan for you and all you have to do is do your best and leave the results to God. I'm not sure on what bible to give you guys, except to echo Jesus' words on 'come to Me and I will give you rest'. May you find rest in God and stay strong. Also, do uphold each other in prayer and stay in touch. Lets make sure we continue to be a community of believers who will be a blessing to each other, so that we, as individuals and as a group, can bless our neighbours and society. God is moving, only that we don't realize it. And we need to realize it.

A fast, impromtu but sincere note from,
Timothy

Edit: I really miss you guys!!! for those that are now in KL, can we all meet up someday???

No comments:

Post a Comment