Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What i took back from JS.

A little something, since i'm finding it hard to write about my experiences in JS. I guess you guys have to meet me in person to know about it in more detail, including what's the tragedy about.

-------
I came to JS, a disillusioned young boy.
Broken from being taken advantage of,
hurt by people and sins which i never took to care about;
I was close to giving up on God,
close to letting my life slip through my own hands, into hell.
But God was gracious,
he gave me hope on the day before YLDP 2008;
He made me challenge Him to show Himself within a small community of 11 X 2, plus 3.

In those extremely short 6 weeks,
It was there that God answered all my questions,
It was there that El Shaddai showed me His unfailing love;
It was Yhwh Rapha that healed me from my sickness, perversion, and infirmities;
It was there that He showed me that He is the God of Love,
It was there that i found my very own feet again.

Even though 6 months had barely passed from that tragedy,
The Lord of Miracles made me come out much stronger, instead of falling away;
It was His amazing grace and love that he protected me from the path of Satan's destruction,
It was His blessed assurance that made me find this group of friends;
It was His awesome power that love and concern just flowed through SUFES campsite like a ton of bricks.

And here i stand, stronger than before;
The passion of Christ burning strongly in my heart,
Joy overflowing, Peace abundant;
Conviction back, and unwavering - despite the circumstances.

And because of that,
I will forever give the glory to God, all the days of my life.

"This is my story, this is my song"
Such is the testimony of Timothy Ignatius Lewis, JS 2009.
(FYI, that's my middle name - not included in the IC)
-------

And now facing my bed in my room, just on top my hot-wired Hifi:

The little chocolate mirror with the handmade cross hanging in the centre. Just to remind myself about JS and who should be centre of my life, always.
I hope this encourages you guys.

Tim

1 comment: