Saturday, September 26, 2009

An explanation

JS ended seven months ago.

Yes, but our relationships didn’t end there. Or, at least I hope so. While it is hard to have long-distance relationships (seeing as we’re scattered from Alor Setar all the way to Labuan) I do try to do all I can to meet up, see all of you guys again, so long as I am able to.

I guess I didn’t try hard enough the last time round.

Well, here’s a lowdown on what should have happened on that day.

Classes were supposed to end at 10.15, I’d get on a train (STAR LRT) from Sri Petaling to Bandar Tasik Selatan, then switch to KTM, alighting at the Midvalley station. And then I would have plenty of time to spend with whoever was at Midvalley, before catching a train back to campus for Finale Night.

At least, that was the plan.

Here’s what actually happened that day.

Classes ended at 10.15, just as the timetable said they would. We don’t have much choice, actually; Semester 2 students use the same room Semester 1 students use at 10.30, so the lectures have to end on time.

However, after lectures, my orientation group discovered that we had yet to finish our signature hunt. So we did the Malaysian thing and did it at the last minute, as the paperwork was due at 2 pm, and it was apparently worth a lot of marks.

After following my group around and doing my fair share of stupid things for the day, I was then faced with a choice as to whether I should go for CF or join you guys at Midvalley. There was, of course, the fact that I had said I was going, but then again, there was CF, it shouldn’t take too long, bla bla bla….

For reasons not completely known to man, but known (at least in part) to men, I went for CF. I did, in the end, give Jun Arn some notice as to me not going, but I guess I should have given more advance notice.

Well, if I could pull of binary fission, I would have. I did say I was going, and if I could have gone, I would have. But as I had activities going on in campus at the same time, and the fact that once everything was said and done, I didn’t have enough time to go down to Midvalley and hang out with you guys (plus the fact that KTM is super slow), I didn’t go.

So I’m saying sorry (a long overdue one, I know).

Don’t get me wrong; if another chance arises, I will try my best to go… I don’t FFK people, and this would be one of the exceptions to the rule. Just that this time, I overextended myself.

I’ll try to be at fewer places at the same time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment